This is another one of our exciting round table discussions. This time around we discuss Conferences – Including up coming CodeGear conferences, Best Practices, Newsgroups and Forums, Generics, Exception handling, Source Control, the MVC Pattern as it relates to Delphi and great Delphi extensions.
Anders Ohlsson with Developer Relations at Embarcadero Technologies. Anders is involved in the CodeGear conferences including CodeRage and the previous DevCons. Additionally he travels the world meeting with Delphi developer groups showing off the latest features of Delphi. His blog is the Hacker’s Corner.
Roland Beenhakker is a long time Delphi user since version 1. He started his own company Beensoft Software Engineering. In this company a small team of professionals build software and webapplications to customer’s specifications, using Delphi and other tools. He is located in Heiloo, Netherlands, which is about 40 kilometers north of Amsterdam. His blog is Delphi Power Unleashed.
Jolyon Smith has been using Delphi since literally before it was released, as he has access to the Borland Early Experience Program through his employer at the time. Before that he was developing client/server Windows applications before it became fashionable, primarily using Gupta SQLWindows and SQLBase. Apart from software development, he is a rabid movie geek, a devoted family man, a voracious reader and an enthusiastic singer. He lives in Aukland, New Zealand and his blog is Te Waka o Delphi.
marc hoffman is the Chief Software Architect for RemObjects and a Spare-time Photographer. When he is not guest appearing on this podcast he runs a blog at RemObjects.com where he talks about Oxygene and shares some of his photographs. marc lives in Berlin Germany, and prefers his name all lowercase.
Be sure to take advantage of the 20% off of anything and everything RemObject sells with the discount code in the podcast. Also get 25% off BeyondCompare 3 from Scooter Software. The discount codes are in the podcast and good through the end of October.
Some episode links and notes. Add more in the comments!
- Source Control
- The new CodeGear Newsgroups and Forums
- Best practices and patterns
- Exception handling
- Jolyon’s Proposal for Automated Variables <– Be sure to vote!
- The MVC Pattern with Delphi
- Ray‘s retired Data-Aware Business Components (Internet Archive link)
- GExperts beta for Delphi 2009
- Andreas Hausladen DDevExtensions version 1.91 for Delphi 2009 only
- Unit Expert for Delphi by Epocolipse (only through Delphi 2007 currently)
- On the Way to the Web: The Secret History of the Internet and Its Founders by Michael A. Banks
- Web Browser User Agent String History