Stefan van As of 1Password fame sent me a more exhaustive list of the libraries and tools used in 1Password. I thought I would share it with everyone. He also recently started blogging about security, software development and Delphi.
Here is an overview of the 3rd party components used in 1Password:
- Browser Helper Objects (BHOs) — this is what powers 1Password inside Internet Explorer.
- Bonjour — this is what powers Wi-Fi Sync. (here is an unrelated Delphi
- ChilkatCrypt — this is what powers some of our crypto
- MS Crypto — this is the Pseudo Random Number Generator (PRNG)
- DISQLite — Some of 1Password’s features – such as Watchtower, for example – are utilizing SQLite. Because 1Password 4 is in Delphi 2007, we use DISQLite for that (today, it would be using FireDAC for that)
- dxgettext — this is used to localize 1Password. It works nicely with Crowdin, a localization project management platform
- GraphicEx and Graphics32 — this gives (alpha channel) transparency
- HyperString — super fast string handling routines. (no longer available)
- OpenSSL — this is what powers PBKDF2 (among other crypto routines)
- sgcWebSockets — The WebSockets are used with the Chrome and Firefox browser extensions
- StreamSec — another crypto library, mostly for SSL/TLS
- zlib and LibTar — for OS X-compatible compression routines
Also uses the following tools:
- EurekaLog — For diagnostics reporting
- FinalBuilder — For build management
- Inno Setup — The installation wizard
A lot of great tools and libraries there.