Welcome to Episode 27 of the Podcast at Delphi.org for Monday the 20th of April, 2009.
This episode was recorded with Nick Hodges on Thursday, the 17th of April, 2009. Nick discusses his new role as an R&D manager and some of the other changes going on at CodeGear. Also discuss the upcoming release of Delphi, the DelphiLive! conference, and some of the suggestions on Delphi.UserVoice.com.
- Nick Hodges is now a Delphi R&D Manager.
- Michael Rozlog takes over his role as Delphi product manager.
- Delphi 2009 Update 3 is literally days away now.
- Be sure to leave your feedback on the Delphi UserVoice page. There are four forums, so if you don’t see the feature request you are looking for, it may be in a different forum. Nick said Embarcadero is looking at all their user feedback, including User Voice. We marked a bunch of the suggestions with updated status.
- Wanna see what is next in Delphi? Sign up for the Delphi Weaver and Delphi Prism betas. Nick suggested that pretty much everyone who signs up will get accepted but are some pretty tough questions that you need to answer.
- Another great way to see what is coming up in the world of Delphi is to attend DelphiLive! of course we have a few podcasts about it too.
- You may be surprised how much more you can get for a little more money with Embarcadero’s All Access, which we also have a podcast about it too. They are working on the Delphi instant-on still though. It may be a platform for a component iTunes, which would be really cool.
- The Future of the Delphi compiler is still comming.
The episodes with Nick are always great ones, so I hope you enjoy it! If there are other links I missed please add those in the comments.
Standard Podcast [ 47:33 ] Play Now | Play in Popup | Download
2 replies on “27 – Nick Hodges – R&D Manager”
I fixed the player. It didn’t like the ampersand in the name. Sorry if you had any trouble playing it.
What was that RegEx VCL control you guys were talking about from the makers of finalbuilder?