Sometimes being on-site slows you down. The WiFi is spotty and just finding a change to sit down is a challenge. The news about Delphi Prism is out. What is Delphi Prism? It is Delphi with full .NET 3.5+ support running in Visual Studio, with a number of the high power database solutions you would expect from CodeGear / Embarcadero.
- Microsoft’s Visual Studio Shell (which I talked with Marco Cantu about in Episode 10),
- RemObject’s Oxygene Compiler of the Delphi Language for .NET (Talk with marc hoffman about in Episode 5)
- CodeGear’s dbExpress, DataSnap and Blackfish SQL database solutions (Podcasts coming on these topics!)
You put all that together and you have a pretty exciting solution for .NET development.
- Parallel Loops
- Inline Property Accessors
- Class Contracts
- Extended Constructor Calls
- Boolean Double Comparison
Not to mention all the cool things you can do with the database tools.
I am sure there is much more to come about Delphi Prism.