I substituted for David I. yesterday for Developer Direct Mobile Summer School on Lesson 5: Connecting Mobile and Desktop together using App Tethering. The Summer School landing page and David’s blog maintain a list of downloads for all the previous lessons, but here are the resources from my session in the meantime.
I’ll post the replay videos here when they are available too.
You can download my slides and code samples from Code Central. I believe I fixed the issue where some people were not able to download it.
Here are the links to more information on App Tethering:
- Using App Tethering [Appmethod] [RAD Studio]
- Connecting [Appmethod] [RAD Studio]
- Sharing Data as Strings and Streams [Appmethod] [RAD Studio]
- Sharing and Running Actions [Appmethod] [RAD Studio]
Here is the Developer Skill Sprint I did previously on App Tethering
And this is Al Mannarino’s C++ Mobile Day session on the topic
And some blog posts on the topic too:
- David I blog – “Finding your Tethered Apps”
- Steffen Nyeland blog – “Fun with Delphi XE6 App tethering and barcodes”
- Sarina Dupont blog – “Extend your Windows apps to mobile with Tethering in XE6”
There was some interest in the code sample that bypasses App Tethering’s autodiscovery to connect directly to a specific IP address. I’m working on getting that tested before posting it. Leave a comment if you are interest and I’ll see that you are notified when it is ready.